Monday, October 31, 2011

NK Orange with a Texture Overcoat


NK - Orange, OPI - Black Shatter, and China Glaze - Black Mesh Crackle (from left to right)


NK-Orange
With it being Halloween, I wanted to give you all a Halloween-ish look, so I began with this bold color. I love it because it is so bright. It is also great because you can find NK polishes for $1 and they dry quickly.



Overcoat of OPI - Black Shatter


Overcoat of China Glaze - Black Mesh Crackle



















I used the Black Shatter on my left hand and the Black Crackle on my right hand to show the differences between the two.
Black Shatter seems to "shatter" into more and smaller pieces and I think this makes it look nicer. The problem is that the brush for Black Shatter is slightly larger, so it can become difficult to apply. Also, with Crackle you can paint over an area more than once if it doesn't go on right, but with Shatter you can't because if you do, the polish will just go on black.

A few tips: Sometimes people say that their polish stops shattering...if this happens, make sure to clean your brush; that should do the trick. You should also make sure that you don't have a fan on as you are applying the polish because I've noticed the polish won't "shatter" properly.

Well that's it for now. Have a safe and happy Halloween, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment